My photo
Lexington, KY
Jin Shin Jyutsu is the art of harmonizing the body’s energy system using gentle hand application in specific patterns called flows. I am a Jin Shin Jyutsu practitioner located in Lexington, Kentucky. I have studied and practiced the art of JSJ for 8+ year, completing more than 450 hours of training. I see clients by appointment in my office at 2121 Richmond Rd. in Lexington, as well as at St Joseph Hospital Hospice Care Center and at the University of Kentucky's Markey Cancer Center. I teach Self Help classes and an introductory “What is Jin Shin Jyutsu?” classes on an ongoing basis. Nursing CEUs are available. Please contact me with your interest and any questions. I look forward to working with you. jennifer@jsjharmony.com, 859.494.6583

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Phantom Pain

Amputees often have what is called "phantom pain", that is pain that they feel in an area of their body which is no longer attached. This pain is not in the mind. It is real. The physically manifested body may not be there, but the energetic body is. The pain is the disharmony in the energetic pathway prior to manifestation. So what do you do? As a practitioner, I listen to the pulses and work with the flow indicated. I place my fingertips where the body would be, if it were present and work as usual.